Within the last year, Friends of the Library has.....
Click here to contact our Volunteer Coordinator:
- completed the second year of the Rosarito city-wide reading initiative, "Rosarito lee", with reading programs in all 5 libraries and local schools. Learn more.
- donated more than $2,000 worth of Spanish language children’s books to the libraries
- donated more than $1,200 worth of library/art/craft supplies to the libraries
- sponsored children’s reading programs at the libraries. Student participants tried to read as many books as possible during their summer vacation, competing for exciting prizes. Pre-readers had their own program and created their own picture books, telling about themselves.
- sponsored and helped run family movie programs at various library branches
- continued English as a Second Language teaching program at a needy Rosarito school.
Of course, we want to continue and improve all of these programs
How is all this possible? It takes volunteers - people like you willing to give just a little of your time. Please consider joining us. You will reap rewards of knowing that you are helping to build a better life for Rosarito children and a quality tomorrow for the Rosarito community.
We have opportunities for bilingual, Spanish speaking and English speaking volunteers.
Some of our opportunities:
- assisting in library reading programs (bilingual or Spanish-speaking)
- liaison with schools in our Rosarito Lee program (bilingual)
- teaching English in library branches or needy schools
- helping to design and organize reading programs/Rosarito Lee program
- conceiving and executing fundraising events
- helping to build our membership numbers
- publicity and public relations
- graphic design - help us be the best with our flyers/posters/website
- tech skills - help us with audio/visual and computer use needs